Saturday 16 August 2008

Saturday 16th August

After an uneventful night, we awoke to blue skies and no sign of the rain that had been forecast. We set off on a shopping trip in St Neots - this is the closest we have ever been moored to the main shopping centre of a town and I was determined to make the most of it.

Our view of The Bridge Hotel

Tom had had enough after a couple of hours so we went back to the boat, where I left him and hit the shops by myself. It was much better for both of us!!



Lottie at St Neots Park Town Mooring

We had been looking for a sideboard for the boat for some time and I managed to find one that I thought might be suitable, so it was back to the boat to collect Tom and I made my third expedition to the town.

The sideboard was perfect and was soon loaded into the van with Tom going off with the driver to take him to the boat. They had to carry it across the park as it was impossible to get a vehicle close to the boat. I stayed well away until I thought all the hard work would be over.




The Bridge Hotel (wide angle view)

We have now been joined by another narrowboat on this mooring, with three others across the river. Although we are in the middle of the town and we can hear music etc, it feels very safe. We are here for one more day as Lottie and Lee are coming to join us tomorrow for a few hours.



St Neots Church

No comments: